ShrinkRapt 2019 offers many ways to record a patient visit for billing and insurance. In this blog post we will show you how to make several visit entries in a row for a single patient, without returning to the Patient list. You will do this using the new Duplicate button on the visit entry window.
Note: This method is most applicable to practices who prefer to enter billing information once a month from a patient paper visit log.
Add The First Visit
To enter the patient’s first visit of the month, follow the steps provided below:
- Highlight a name in the Patient list.
- Click the Add Visit button next to the Patient list.
A completed visit entry window will be displayed as shown below with the date highlighted, ready to accept a change.
The date displayed will be either the current date or the date of the last visit you entered based on what you have set up in Preferences. You can change your Preferences by choosing Preferences from the setup menu.
To change the date to the correct date, use one of the following methods:
- Type a new date using a / between the month, day and year. As an example you would enter 12/4/18.
- Click the calendar icon next to the date and select a date from the calendar.
- Use the up and down keys on the keyboard to increment the date one day at a time.
If other changes need to be made to the visit record, enter them now but DO NOT click the OK button. Next we will describe how to enter this and three more visits very quickly.
Using The Duplicate Feature
For this example we will assume the patient was seen four times during the month. Using the steps above, you have entered information for the first visit. Now it’s time to record the other three visits.
Follow these steps:
- Move the cursor to point at the OK button (do not click yet)
- Hold down the option/alt key on the keyboard. Keep it held down and note that the OK button changes from OK to Duplicate.
- With the option key still held down, click the Duplicate button. The visit record will be entered and a new visit entry will immediately appear. The new record will have the same date as the previous entry but the text will be in red.
- Mark your paper ledger to show you have entered a record for the visit date.
- Change this entry date to the next visit date — note the text color changes to black when the date you have entered is different than the previous entry. If you enter the date of the previous entry, it will change back to red.
- Repeat the above steps until the last date has been entered. After you have typed the last date, click the OK button to return to the patient list.
As you can see, ShrinkRapt 2019 offer lots of flexibly so it, works like you work. In future blog posts we will discuss other ways to enter visit records such as using the scheduler and the FPAN feature.